- Lab Services
- Fermentation Sciences Degree
- Resources for Producers
The weather page connects to over 20 weather stations across the state that monitor Temperature, Wind Speed, Precipitation, Relative Humidity, and Solar Radiation among other parameters on an hourly basis. Daily and Monthly data are also available from these stations. Find the station nearest your vineyard for current conditions.
The Sustainability pages provide an introduction to sustainable practices, certifications, and resources for NC vineyards.
The Spray Schedules page links to multiple spray guidelines for East Coast vineyards.
- Extension Service: Our NC State viticulture extension specialist is Dr. Sara Spayd; you can also search the NC Extension homepage for your home county extension agents.
- Wine Grape Production : an online guide via the NCSU Department of Horticulture Science.
- Muscadine Grapes: Information and resources for muscadine growers put together by the NC Cooperative Extension. Including their guide to growing muscadine grapes in NC.
- Small Fruits IPM Blog, maintained by NC State Entomologist Dr. Hannah Burrack.
- Mid-Atlantic Vineyards Grape IPM page on Biological and Monitoring Information for common pests from Virginia Tech.
- NCSU's Plant Insect and Disease Clinic will give feedback on pictures of vineyard pest and disease problems.
- Cornell Viticulture Publications provides links to useful viticulture publications available online.
- Viticulture resources from the Pennsylvania Wine Grape Network.
- Brief descriptions and reference lists covering a broad spectrum of viticulture information are available from UC Davis on their Integrated Viticulture page.
- The UC Davis National Grape Registry provides information on variety and rootstock sourcing in the United States, while the Cornell's Wine and Juice Grape Varieties for Cool Climates provides descriptions of cold-hardy native and hybrid varietals.
NC Viticulture Organizations
- The NC Department of Commerce Division of Wine and Tourism provides industry-wide marketing for grape and wine producers including the North Carolina Winery Guide and the tourism site www.visitncwine.com/
- North Carolina Winegrowers Association
- High Country Winegrowers Association
- The North Carolina Muscadine Grape Association represents growers and winemakers utilizing native grapes. Their site also includes muscadine growing information.
Regional Agriculture Resources
- Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) provides grants to agriculture producers. North Carolina is represented by Southern Region SARE.
- The North Carolina Rural Economic Development Center offers grants to support economic development in rural counties of North Carolina.
- The Golden LEAF Foundation funds larger-scale programs to improve economic development in historically tobacco-reliant and rural communities of North Carolina
For information on submitting grape, juice, must, or wine samples to the Enology Services Lab at ASU, contact Hollis Price at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-406-6014.
For more information on the upcoming four-year Fermentation Science degree program at Appalachian State University, contact Dr. Seth Cohen at email@example.com.